Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The Observability team provides full-stack tools and services to our engineering teams for monitoring site health, alerting, trouble-shooting incidents, debugging performance, and searching through application/system logs. As an engineer on the Observability team, you will be responsible for contributing to and helping guide the future of our Observability systems that handle billions of events per second and are used by every engineering team at Pinterest.
As a Senior Full-Stack Engineer on the Observability team, you’ll be working with the product and design teams to deliver powerful, reliable, and intuitive monitoring and analytics solutions for Pinterest engineering.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and operate Observability tools and services, including metrics system, dashboarding, alerting, logsearch and distributed tracing
- Develop APIs, UI and visualization tools
- Collaborate with product, design, SRE and other Infrastructure teams
- Embracing and working with the most popular open-source technologies
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in professional software development
- Experience and passion in building reliable and intuitive systems
- Excellent problem solver and communicator