Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for Product Analytics and Data Science interns to help evolve and shape the future of our product — inspiring Pinners and connecting them with actionable content, understanding advertisers and measuring the value Pinterest provides to them, and enabling our employees to evaluate potential product changes faster than ever before. You’ll apply quantitative analysis, statistical techniques, modeling and data mining while working cross-functionally with engineering and product partners.
The results of your work will influence the team roadmap, identify actionable product opportunities, refine our experimentation platform, and drive key initiatives, turning your insights and analyses into real-world products. We offer a 12-week summer internship program in our San Francisco office.
What you’ll do:
- Influence and evolve our product roadmap to help us fulfill our mission – to bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love – using data and exploratory analysis to understand user behavior and trends, and identify opportunities for product innovation.
- Design and implement core metrics that serve as the north stars for team efforts and help design and evaluate A/B experiments that drive these metrics.
- Explore alternative experimentation techniques to help internal teams evaluate their ideas faster.
- Help gather explicit signals about Pinner, Merchant, Creator, or Advertiser preferences and tastes using survey methodologies and statistical/modeling based approaches.
- Work cross-functionally to build and communicate key insights, and collaborate closely with product managers, engineers, designers, and researchers to help build the next experiences on Pinterest.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, economics, applied sciences, computer science or related field.
- Experience using Python, R, or SQL.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data.
- Ability to connect data analysis to real business problems, in order to impact business performance.
- Must be graduating December 2022 or later.