Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Software Engineer in Pinterest Labs, you’ll work on tackling new challenges in machine learning and deep learning applied to a unique Pinterest dataset of 250 billion pins. You’ll work on critical machine learning applications, push the state of the art, and build models and systems that are applied across Pinterest engineering teams to be used by hundreds of millions of users at tens to hundreds of thousands of QPS. You’ll have the opportunity to work in the following areas: ML fairness, representation learning, graph embeddings, image recognition, user modeling, search and recommender systems, and natural language processing.
The goal of Inclusive AI is to develop AI systems that perform outstandingly well across our diverse set of users and our wide range of applications. You will advance the state of the art in AI fairness, performing applied research in algorithmic bias, fairness and diversity for search and recommendation systems, computer vision models, representation learning, and more
What you’ll do:
- Advance the state-of-the-art in AI Fairness for large scale AI systems, including applied research in algorithmic bias, and diversity for search and recommendation systems
- Develop ML models and deploy in large-scale distributed ML systems to enable inclusive and diverse recommendations at scale.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a quick cadence of research, experimentation, and product launches
- Impact hundreds of millions of users by developing the next generation of inclusive visual discovery technology
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate about AI fairness, diversity, machine learning, and search and recommendation systems
- PhD, or Masters degree with industry experience, in a technical field (EECS, Stats, Engineering, Maths)
- Inquisitive engineer with 2+ years of industry experience in Search and Recommendation systems; preferably, but not required to be, related to algorithmic bias, AI fairness, and/or diversity
- Ability to collaborate with multiple engineering, product and non-technical teams in a cross-functional environment
- Python, Java programming experience
- Tensorflow OR PyTorch experience
- Experience with large scale data processing (e.g. Spark)
- Industry experience in deploying ML/DL models into production (familiarity with scalability/latency/portability concerns, experience with experimentation and hyperparameter tuning)
- Strong passion for experimentation and extensive experience in solving hard ML problems