Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Reporting to the Head of Compensation, this role will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of Pinterest’s executive compensation programs. This role will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage Pinterest’s equity program while ensuring that our equity compensation strategy aligns with our business objectives and continues to attract and retain top talent. This role will be both hands-on and strategic, requiring a creative approach in responding to market challenges as well as a deep understanding of industry best practices in executive compensation.
What you'll do:
- Lead the design, development and enhancements of Pinterest’s executive compensation programs to continue to scale and elevate our compensation offerings to deliver a best in class experience for our executives as Pinterest continues to grow.
- Provide technical expertise on executive compensation strategy, design, policies, procedures, regulations, and compliance.
- Manage the annual compensation review, new hire, and separation-related compensation processes for executives.
- Maintains the annual Talent Development & Compensation Committee calendar with agenda items for each quarterly meeting.
- Prepare and coordinate materials in preparation for the quarterly meetings for the Talent Development and Compensation Committee of the Board.
- In partnership with Legal and Accounting, prepare the Compensation Discussion & Analysis and compensation tables for the proxy statement.
- Monitors developments in executive compensation regulation, disclosure, and shareholder voting.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of global compensation experience in a publicly traded company.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience administering executive and equity compensation programs and developing board-level quality materials.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Partnering with other groups including the HR, Finance, Accounting and Legal.
- Quickly building relationships, gaining credibility, and partnering with leaders across the organization.
- Demonstrates strong initiative, is self-managed, and can prioritize and multitask.
- A holistic problem solver striving for excellence with a growth mindset.
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude and takes the initiative to help with anything.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as needed.
- Experience with HRIS, preferably Workday.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
#LI - RT1
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.