Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a Staff Designer on our Activation team, you will be an integral part of the company’s overall growth strategy - being able to work on building the best possible first impression for people experiencing Pinterest for the first time. You will help the team develop solutions that reach millions of new and returning users each week to connect them to the many inspiring ways to to use Pinterest by thoughtfully increasing product comprehension and engagement. This includes owning our onboarding flow where we have people select from over 100 topics to personalize their initial home feed. You will also play a key role in owning in-product education experiences where we guide and scaffold people to understand how to best use Pinterest.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with your product and engineering counterparts to define the product strategy, roadmap, process, and culture
- Be comfortable in a fast paced, iterative, experimental, and data driven environment
- Work with and manage feedback from multiple stakeholders across Growth and Core teams, as well as engineering, product and design leadership
- Uphold and inspire a high level of design execution throughout the team
- Grow the people on your team through coaching and mentorship
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in Product Design (or equivalent)
- Experience leading complex user and metrics inspired projects
- Excellent product thinking and UX design skills
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and the problems they’re solving
- Ability to set the direction for the team by creating clear and impactful strategies
- Drive results by holding the team accountable for efficient, high-quality execution of goals
- A well-versed storyteller with strong presentation skills
- Experience in balancing speed and quality with a focus on driving impact through both optimizations and 0-1 product development
- High level of self-awareness with a growth mindset that is focused on impact
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding design skills and a passion for experimentation, data and systems thinking a plus
- Understanding of activation & onboarding, metrics-inspired design, a plus
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.