Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest is looking for a methodical and thoughtful Product Designer with a passion for crafting intuitive, consistent and delightful experiences. You’ll partner with the Closeup Product Design team and work closely with the Closeup Experience team to evolve one the core building blocks of Pinterest to help Pinners evaluate, refine and take actions.
You have a knack for visual details as much as holistic systems thinking. You’re a problem solver, and your designs reflect your ability to advocate for the user. You’re passionate about our mission, raising the quality bar, and making the basics great.
What you’ll do:
- Design products—systematically, interactively, visually—with pixel-level precision
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product management, and research to develop impactful, user-centric, and data-informed solutions
- Collaborate with and manage feedback from stakeholders across the company
- Work alongside engineers throughout the implementation and quality assurance phases
- Uphold and inspire a high level of design execution across the team
- Make selfless design decisions for the betterment of Pinterest
What we’re looking for:
- Proven track record envisioning, building, and iterating on digital products in close partnership with product management and engineering
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates outstanding design skills (prototyping is a must) and product thinking informed by qualitative and quantitative insights
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate your design decisions and the problems they’re solving
- Attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over the quality of the product
- Solid understanding of layout, typography, color, and other graphic design principles
- Ability to work within and extend a design system. Experience working in design systems and/or product redesigns is a plus
- Team player with strong collaboration skills and ability bring cross-functional partners along in the journey
- High level of self-awareness with a growth mindset
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.