Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for founding members of our Growth Engineering team in Dublin. You’ll be a pivotal part of the global Growth organization and its mission, while helping to build the inaugural branch of the Growth organization in Dublin. Specifically, you’ll join the Growth Platform team as a full stack engineer whose mission is to accelerate global growth by building tools, infrastructure, and platforms to improve user experience (such as tools to automate, personalize and simplify the building of user experiences across the world). You’ll get to work day-to-day with engineering and cross-functional teams while expanding your technical expertise on all sides of the projects.
What you’ll do
- Impact & Mission Join a small, but rapidly-growing engineering group in Pinterest's largest international office to establish infrastructure and platforms to achieve and foster global growth
- Pinterest Global Growth Build Pinterest growth, experience and marketing tools that increase our product relevance and understanding around the world
- Feature & Platform Development Work across all parts of the stack and be flexible working with different technologies
- Improve the experience framework backend to handle more types of use cases, while serving hundreds of millions of requests daily
- Build new open-ended self-serve experiences that affect end-users and can be easily configured and deployed by marketing partners
- Scale the usefulness of the experience framework tool by making it easier to use and understand by different types of users
- Determine the forward direction for our Pinner Communications Platform which helps us target and reach out to creators, advertisers and pinners with personalized messaging
- Work in dynamic and diverse environments alongside engineering, product, international experts, marketing and growth teams
- Evangelization across engineering to implement and adopt best practices to simplify our codebase and promote growth
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.