Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Android Engineer, Growth Platform
We are looking for a passionate, talented Android Engineer to join our Growth Platform team. You will help us build tools and products that enable our Pinners to find something inspiring every time they open the app.
Your mission will be to accelerate global growth by building tools, infrastructure, and platforms to improve end user experience. You’ll be building the platform, and then also some great end-user experiences on top of it. You will work with a world-class cross-functional team to build new features, strengthen the platform and contribute to work that affects our hundreds of millions of users, daily.
What you’ll do:
- Our PinFlex future of work philosophy requires you to visit a Pinterest office for collaboration approximately 1x per quarter.
- Join our team of full-stack engineers as one of our first front-end specialists, working closely with partners, product management and design.
- Support millions of users and enable colleagues by ensuring excellence in core pieces that are shared throughout the application.
- Enable other developers to work more effectively by improving framework architecture and quality.
- Solve hard-to-see user pain points such as performance, monitoring crash rates and user metrics.
- Create relationships between our team and the other Android teams in Pinterest.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of industry experience in developing native Android applications (both UI and frameworks).
- Strong communication skills, user empathy and great product sense.
- An interest in building tools for technical and non-technical users.
- Self-driven and openness to learn quickly, explore, flexibility without being afraid to dig deep.
- Understanding of A/B testing is a plus.
- Fullstack experience, or openness to it, is a plus.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.