Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Business Development team at Pinterest is responsible for developing partner strategy, as well as sourcing, evaluating, executing and managing partnerships that are a critical lever for growth and progress of the company against key strategic initiatives. The team works closely with senior leadership, product, marketing, legal and revenue teams to deliver these partnerships.
The Director of Business Development will lead a small and high performing team focusing on Content and Commerce partnerships. This position will report to the VP and global head of Business Development. The role will be hybrid with some time in the office and remote.
What you’ll do:
- Create the partner strategy for Content and Commerce, including helping the company understand the industry landscape to identify opportunities for partnership
- Lead the process of identifying partnerships to pursue, including building the business case through strategic/financial analysis and due diligence
- Negotiate complex deals
- Build relationships with leaders at emerging and established companies
- Coordinate deal execution and partner management across relevant teams including product, engineering, legal, marketing and sales
- Manage and develop a team of BD professionals
What we’re looking for:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience and 10+ years of work experience in business development, ideally with demonstrated experience in product partnerships
- You are strategic, driven, and analytical with a passion for consumer technology
- You have managed a team of Business Development professionals
- You are experienced in performing broad quantitative analysis and negotiating complex deals in consumer technology
- You have experience and knowledge of the content/publishing industry and partner ecosystem
- You have the ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a rapidly changing environment
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.