Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for an experienced and commercial employment lawyer to join our team and provide employment legal counsel across the EMEA region. This is a unique opportunity to join a nimble team in a growing organization and work on challenging issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Provide advice and strategic support to the People Team, business leaders and other cross-functional partners on a range of employment law issues including relating to recruiting, hiring, performance management, re-organizations, compensation and benefits, accommodations, leaves of absence, contingent workforces, and other employment-related matters.
- Draft and advise on employment-related agreements, guidelines, contracts, benefits plans, and policies.
- Partner with our People Team to build efficient processes to maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and drive completion of employment related projects, including internal process reviews, new policy roll-outs and implementation, and training programs.
- Develop creative approaches to managing legal risks and resolving disputes.
- Participate in creation and delivery of training related to employment law matters.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of company policies.
- Assist with and manage employment-related disputes and litigation.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5 years of Post Qualification experience specialising in employment law; substantial experience advising on Irish or UK employment legal matters; experience advising on employment matters in other regions is a plus; prior in-house experience strongly preferred
- Qualification to practice law in Ireland
- An excellent communicator and able to partner well with colleagues in legal, the people team and the broader business
- Track record of pragmatic solutions oriented counseling in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Willingness to work across jurisdictions and time zones
- Proven ability to identify, prioritize and resolve complex issues quickly and independently
- Proven ability to recognize business risk for the company and partner effectively with stakeholders to manage and mitigate those risks
- Strong work ethic focused on execution; team player who is willing to pitch in where needed
- Exceptional judgment in the face of ambiguity and impeccable integrity
- Excellent communication skills around complex legal matters and ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality and professionalism under pressure
- Adept at working with multiple stakeholders, building strong cross-functional relationships and driving outcomes by bringing people together to reach nuanced decisions
- Facilitates and contributes to a more diverse and inclusive environment
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.