Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We are looking for a Data Analyst II in our Data and Analytics team within the Trust & Safety Organization to support us to work on Transparency Reports and Proactive Analytical projects. The Data and Analytics team mission is to provide accurate, timely and insightful operational data that empowers partner teams to make informed decisions that keep Pinterest safe and loved. The team focuses on reporting, visualizations, proactive analytical insights, statistical insights and supports XFN teams to make better decisions, monitor how effectively we’re solving issues for Pinners, and identify ways to do better.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct analyses and provide technical guidance to support Business Integrity and Trust & Safety teams
- Develop metrics, reporting structures and dashboards that help measure and improve operational performance
- Partner with other technical team members to standardize and improve existing data sources and reporting processes
- Identify operational pain points and areas of opportunity and leverage analytics to generate solutions and recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as engineering, product, and policy, to improve user experience, drive operational improvements and create as well as automate Transparency Reporting
What we’re looking for:
- Experience using quantitative analysis to identify areas of improvement and influence business decisions
- Demonstrated experience extracting, manipulating and analyzing complex data using SQL or comparable languages
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools like Tableau
- Creativity in developing new processes, conducting analyses and providing recommendations
- At Least 4+ years of relevant experience in the field of Data and Analytics
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance. Visit our PinFlex page to learn more about our working model.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.