Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As the Japan Revenue Accounting Manager, you’ll hold the key accounting position in Japan and will play an important role in shaping the future operations in the region. You’ll work closely with our Sales, Sales Finance, Legal, IT and other accounting teams to build and drive process improvements, including for our advertising Partners. As the revenue manager in Japan, you will have the opportunity to shape the vision and build our revenue accounting operations in the region (APAC). You’ll offer insights and make recommendations to improve our operations, while working to transition (as appropriate) our order management, monthly close and credit & collections operations for APAC.
What you’ll do:
- Support the daily revenue accounting operations, order processing and credit & collections, for APAC region, consistent with our global processes
- Manage a small team locally
- Advise the multiple cross-functional stakeholders in this new region launch on best practices in Japan
- Maintain and perform local revenue operations, accounting and reporting, including relevant SOX controls
- Coordinate between XFN partners and accounting team to ensure accuracy and timely support, in particular building strong relationships with sales leadership in the region
- Recommend processes changes, systems and workflow automation
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of accounting experience, tech company experience preferred
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong understanding of accounting operations, local regulations and taxes in Japan
- Prior experience collaborating with legal, sales, and other cross-functional teams
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Google Suite or similar systems
- Strong Excel skills are a must, experience with Tableau, SQL or similar are a plus
- Public accounting certification and Big 4 or other public accounting experience is preferred
- Strong proficiency in English & Japanese
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.