Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Pinner Curation team at Pinterest is seeking a Senior Director of Curation Engineering to drive experiences that allow Pinners to meaningfully engage with their favorite content to help navigate the inspiration to realization journey. This role will drive some of the most critical investments on Pinterest and will get to work on some of the most loved features on Pinterest that are used by 10s of millions of Pinners everyday.
What you’ll do:
- Overall engineering lead and manager for the curation team. This team includes the key action of saving on the application as well as organizing, curating and creating user facing content. In addition, the new emerging taste based recommendations system and user profile parts of the application which enable tuning personalization controls and exploring personal insights.
- Overall lead for the 4 pillars of the curation area – saving & creating, boards & organization, user profile as well as personal insights.
- Own the technical strategy for curation and contribute to the overall product engineering strategy for Pinterest as a whole. Including significant collaborations with platform infrastructure and machine learning technology groups.
- Grow strong technical leaders and talent in the team, and through that, drive innovations in product experiences, mobile platform development and integration of advanced machine learning features for end users.
- As one of the most senior leaders working on Pinterest’s core, you will influence and participate in the overall product strategy for Pinterest’s user facing features.
What we’re looking for:
- Engineering leader with experience building an end-to-end technical/product pillar for the company.
- Scaled leadership experience, ideally managing and coordinating a team of at least 50+ engineers across multiple locations and countries with a track record of effective cross-functional partnerships.
- Prior experience as the engineering lead for a consumer facing application development team.
- Strong technical depth in product engineering ideally with hands-on practitioner-level experience.
- A track record of building effective organizations and teams, including growing technical and people leaders.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.