Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Advanced Technologies Group (ATG) is a specialized organization within Pinterest that takes advancements in machine learning and computer vision technology and applies them to real-world product challenges for our 450M+ Pinners. ATG Products is a lean and fast-paced full-stack product engineering team that prototypes and builds new product experiences using the latest advancements in Generative AI, ML, and computer vision. Our mission is to help our Pinners discover, understand, and act on their personal tastes and needs through emerging technology.
This is a unique opportunity that has the potential to influence the future of AI product development at Pinterest, with significant exposure to senior leadership. You’ll have the chance to explore new AI problem spaces, shape our product roadmap, and explore cutting-edge emerging technologies.
What you'll do:
- Drive innovation by prototyping and creating new products using cutting-edge AI, ML, and computer vision technologies developed in our research lab (e.g. generative outpainting models, large language models)
- Develop functional iOS prototypes that test and validate new product ideas and co-design them with designers, product managers, and ML researchers, striking a balance between user problems, business needs, and technological constraints
- Although this position is iOS-focused, versatility is key. You should be prepared to dive into back-end and full-stack engineering tasks as needed, including exposing prototype-level API endpoints, driving prompt engineering for new use cases, and integrating third-party SDKs
- Lead product development projects involving multiple stakeholders and engineers from ideation through to release. Actively propose new product opportunities and technical improvement areas
- Drive impactful cross-team collaborations and uplevel team and peers through mentorship
- Stay current with industry trends in Generative AI, ML, and computer vision and incorporate best practices into your work
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of industry experience, 4+ years of which are in iOS app development with a strong command of Objective-C and/or Swift
- An in-depth understanding of UI/UX interaction paradigms, animations, gestures, design patterns, and general iOS quality craftsmanship; you have extensive experience with iOS frameworks such as UIKit, Core Animation, and Core Data
- Able to build a minimum viable product quickly; you have a principled perspective on building for stage of product without overengineering
- Full-stack experience, whether for a personal project or in production (e.g. exposing API endpoints, modifying backend business logic, defining database schemas, spinning up a server)
- Excellent product sense and storytelling abilities, with the ability to translate user needs into clear technical visions; you can explain complex technical ideas to designers, PMs, and other engineers
- Able to dive into codebases and figure out how things work with minimal guidance
- Proficient in leveraging device capabilities and technologies like ARKit and CoreML and hungry to learn and tinker with new technologies
- Solid understanding of concurrent programming, memory management, I/O, app lifecycle, multithreading, and networking
- Experience running A/B experiments and interpreting data to inform product insights
- Note: You don’t need to have had previous experience with AI/ML, but should be excited about building AI products; even better if you actively keep up with the space
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.