Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver code that is well-documented, tested, and operable.
- Independently take ownership over the completion and quality of your tasks and project.
- Execute scoped technical tasks end-to-end in collaboration with cross-functional Pinployees to help build the future of Pinterest.
- Effectively and proactively communicate new ideas and opinions with candor as you grow both professionally and personally through learning and development opportunities.
What we're looking for:
- Pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field.
- Must graduate between December 2023 and September 2024.
- One year of programming experience in an object-oriented language.
- Experience in previous software engineering internships.
- Proficiency in a dynamic programming language such as Python.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
- Strong communication skills and product sense.
- Passion for Pinterest and the ability to manage ambiguity and continually learn from your experiences.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.