Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Note to Applicants:
This role is not one for which the Company has approved visa sponsorship. However, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship status, provided that an employee is legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of commencement of employment.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver code that is well-documented, tested, and operable
- Independently take ownership over the completion and quality of your tasks and project
- Execute scoped technical tasks end-to-end in collaboration with cross-functional Pinployees to help build the future of Pinterest
- Grow as a developer by working with world-class peers on varied and high impact projects
- Effectively and proactively communicate new ideas and opinions with candor as you grow both professionally and personally through learning and development opportunities
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
What we're looking for:
- Pursuing or recently completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field.
- Must graduate between December 2023 and September 2024.
- Completing a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in previous software engineering internships
- Aptitude for Java or Kotlin for Android engineers or Objective-C or Swift for iOS engineers
- Experience with Android or iOS frameworks
- Strong communication skills and product sense
- Passion for Pinterest and the ability to manage ambiguity and continually learn from your experiences
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.