Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
IT’s mission is to provide technology and services that enable Pinployees to do inspired work from anywhere.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for Global IT Hardware Asset Lifecycle & Deployment operations and our offices worldwide.
- Managing the day-to-day Hardware Deployment operations of the IT team, ensuring the availability and reliability of systems, providing guidance on daily priorities with technology vendors, and supporting implementing new technologies and processes to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Oversee Ticket management and SLA’s are met, partner with internal and external stakeholders (including vendors) to address escalations, set vendor mgmt daily priorities and ensure processes are followed.
- Triage and escalate tickets sent into the procurement ticket queue, act as the first escalation point.
- Supporting Projects by ensuring technology vendors and internal stakeholders are aware of operational impact and process changes.
- Provide guidance to Deployment Technicians & Deployment Consultants to ensure objectives and goals are met.
- Oversee the new hire process, ensuring new hire laptops get configured and deployed on time within SLA.
- Manage the inventory and audit process of all high-value assets, ensuring Deployment Consultants have accurate information about our assets and are clear on the process.
- Understands how to troubleshoot Mac and Windows software and hardware for end users & Troubleshoots iPhone and Android mobile phones, for end users.
- Understands how to support various on-site and remote printers, scheduling repairs and ordering replacement supplies.
- Oversee the set up, break-down, and transport of equipment, such as monitors and desks on an as-needed basis for new and existing end users.
- Manage the process for secure disposal of e-waste globally.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing vendors.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 days PinFlex in-office frequency
- Great customer service, strong verbal/written communication skills, as well as extraordinary listening skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to propose possible solutions that add value to the business.
- Well organized self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks simultaneously; with attention to detail and time management skills a must.
- Provide feedback that is honest, open and positive.
- A proven track record in sustaining operations and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Is highly adaptable, can pivot seamlessly to changing business priorities.
- Technical capabilities and experience desired with MAC and Windows software and hardware.
- Degrees are not required for most roles at Pinterest. Please exclude unless specifically required for this role.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.