Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
Pinterest Design is looking to hire our first Design Technologist/Prototyper. As a Prototyper, you will be working to shape both the future of Pinterest user experiences and the future of prototyping at Pinterest. In this role you will explore, prototype, build and test concepts that will inform how people interact with Pinterest. You will work on a small, fast-paced agile team, collaborating with UX Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers.
This role is SF or NYC based or can be remote. During the interview we will review your Design Portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Researchers, Designers and Product Managers to develop functional, engaging, and flexible high fidelity prototypes in support of concept and usability testing and demos
- Explore and identify potential prototyping solutions for concepts and technologies that don't already exist
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
- Support and engage in design thinking, brainstorming and concept creation
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building high fidelity user-facing prototypes
- Strong experience building for the web and mobile apps (Android and/or iOS)
- Ability to turn an "ask" into a detailed prototyping plan with execution methods, timeline, and milestones
- Strong understanding of design thinking and design development process
- Solid grasp of user interaction and animation principles
- Experience designing and building solutions for testing with users, and then iterating based on findings
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.