Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a Production Specialist on Pinterest's AV team, you will produce successful events and studio projects of all sizes. This will be a technical role with a focus on making flawless, high-end productions. Supported events may range from small team meetings with a simple video conferencing to large company-wide events with streaming/recording/video assets. You will be empowered to look for ways to optimize the event and studio experience for users and the team alike.
What you'll do:
- Own every aspect of AV production as assigned: whether in the studio, or a live event
- Execute on Studio Service project workloads including shooting, editing, and delivery of files
- Constantly communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables, timing, etc.
- Level-up existing gear and production methods
- Work with our AV team and the company at large to refine the events function
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of AV/Event production in a corporate environment
- Solid understanding of soundboards, camera controllers, video switchers, streaming codecs, etc
- Understanding of networking technology, video transmission over network and audio/video signal flow
- Technical knowledge of editing, coloring, basic cinematography, and lighting techniques
- Experience working with Crestron equipment, audio DSPs and Dante microphone systems
- Experience with Ross products is a plus
- Ability to lead and respond to changes in a short time frame; stay cool under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Love of video production and everything that comes with live productions
- Bonus points if you have InfoComm CTS certification
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.