Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As the Engineering Manager of the Advertising at Scale team, you’ll be leading a large team that is responsible for many of the key surfaces that enable a user to create an ad campaign on Pinterest. We are a user centric team laser focused this year on building foundational tools and experiences to best serve our enterprise clients, with a focus on creating and editing campaigns at scale. We aim to accomplish this by making significant changes in the surfaces that create an ad on Pinterest based on UX research, machine learning, and experimentation. Our goal is to make successful advertising on Pinterest easy to use, understand, and execute.
The ideal candidate should have experience leading teams that work across the web technology stack, be driven about leading a highly productive engineering team through its roadmap, and be passionate about helping each member of their team grow.
What you’ll do:
- Managing a team of full-stack engineers
- Keep the team accountable for hitting business goals and driving meaningful impact
- Foster a highly productive team that releases features on roadmap on time while maintaining high technical quality
- Propose technical projects to improve quality to include in the roadmap
- Work closely with Product and Design on executing roadmap, setting technical direction and delivering value
- Coordinate closely with XFN partners on multiple partner teams that the team interfaces with
- Work with PM and tech leads to estimate scope of work, define release schedules, and track progress.
- Mentor and develop engineers at various levels of seniority
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager (perf cycles, managing up/out, 10 ppl)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience as a hands on engineer
- Experience leading a team of engineers through a significant feature or product launch in collaboration with Product and Design
- Experience working being on the front lines for advertiser issues: handling support tickets while launching new features on the roadmap
- Track record of developing high quality software in an automated build and deployment environment
- Experience working with both frontend and backend technologies
- Ability to wear different hats (Product/Design/Data Analyst) to ensure team success
- Well versed in agile development methodologies
- Ability to operate in a fast changing environment / comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience working on a legacy codebase a plus
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.