Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
As a finance manager on the Sales Finance team, you will manage progress and monitor revenue performance of our Global SMB sales organizations, identifying underlying trends and consulting on strategic business decisions. Your role is to translate complex data into actionable insights, which means you can focus on the details and also solve big-picture challenges.
The Sales Finance team’s mandate is to optimize value creation for pinners, advertisers and Pinterest through disciplined business leadership and seamless financial execution. We do this by developing financial forecasts, providing decision support through analysis, generating internal reports, monitoring key performance indicators and scaling financial processes. We are looking for an expert in finance and strategy who uses an analytical, collaborative, results-oriented approach to drive progress.
What you’ll do:
- Own performance tracking for a significant portion of our revenue
- Partner with the Sales and Sales Strategy & Operations teams on developing financial and strategic business plans
- Leverage technical expertise to execute quantitative modeling and analysis
- Provide weekly and quarterly reporting and insights to a segment of the ads business
- Manage the operating budget to evaluate optimal investment strategies and provide real-time tracking to business partners
- Work in partnership with Sales Strategy & Operations, assisting with a range of operational issues
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in corporate finance, banking, consulting or a related quantitative field
- Well experienced with providing strategic advice to senior sales leaders
- Experience writing SQL queries and retrieving data from relational databases
- Exceptional spreadsheet skills with experience creating financial models and dashboards
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (Google Slides)
- Ability to multi-task and deliver against timelines
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.