Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
The Homefeed Relevance team’s mission is to recommend inspiring & engaging pins for all our Pinners. We are looking for a Tech Lead Architect who can drive cross-team engineering efforts for shipping ML-driven product experiences to our Pinners. You'll have the opportunity to work on various innovative projects of new product experiences, build large-scale low-latency systems and state-of-the-art machine learning models, and deliver great impact to our Pinners and business metrics.
What you'll do:
- Improve relevance and the user experience on Homefeed
- Work on state-of-the-art large-scale applied machine learning projects
- Improve the efficiency and reliability of large-scale data processing and ML inference pipeline
- Improve our engineering systems to improve the latency, capacity, stability and reduce infra cost
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience with Recommender system or User modeling, implementing production ML systems at scale
- Hands-on experience training and applying models at scale using deep learning frameworks like PyTorch or Tensorflow.
- Experience with large scale data processing (e.g. Hive, Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, Map-reduce)
- Understanding of an object-oriented programming language (Java, C++, Python)
- 5+ years experience with large scale distributed backend systems
- Experience in working in Deep learning and Generative AI models
- Experience in closely collaborating with product managers / designers to ship ML-driven user-facing product
This position is/is not eligible for relocation assistance.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify email@example.com for support.